منتدى المدرسة العليا للأساتذة بقسنطينة

هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

هو منتدى تربوي تعليمي يهدف الى نشر العلم و المعرفة

دخول

لقد نسيت كلمة السر

المواضيع الأخيرة

» عبر و مواعظ
Hamlet analysis Emptyالجمعة سبتمبر 04 2015, 15:39 من طرف Admin

» الإعلان (رقم 02) عن مسابقة الماستر
Hamlet analysis Emptyالجمعة سبتمبر 04 2015, 12:36 من طرف Admin

» لجنة تحضير مسابقة الماجستير للسنة الجامعية 2015-2016
Hamlet analysis Emptyالجمعة سبتمبر 04 2015, 12:35 من طرف Admin

» شكر وعرفان
Hamlet analysis Emptyالأحد يوليو 13 2014, 14:35 من طرف faradj

» هل تعرف رأي الله فيك؟
Hamlet analysis Emptyالخميس يونيو 12 2014, 13:44 من طرف مسلمة و أفتخر

» اجب بصراحة لتتعرف على نفسك
Hamlet analysis Emptyالخميس يونيو 12 2014, 13:32 من طرف مسلمة و أفتخر

» كلمات روعة معانيها
Hamlet analysis Emptyالأربعاء مايو 21 2014, 12:35 من طرف Ameralia

» رسالة ترحيب
Hamlet analysis Emptyالسبت مارس 01 2014, 18:36 من طرف أمل

» ترحيب واستفسار
Hamlet analysis Emptyالخميس يناير 16 2014, 20:39 من طرف أمل

Hamlet analysis

Chahra
    Chahra

انثى عدد الرسائل : 118
    العمر : 33
    العمل/الترفيه : طالبة
    المزاج : happy
    تاريخ التسجيل : 01/04/2011

Hamlet analysis Empty Hamlet analysis

مُساهمة من طرف Chahra الأحد ديسمبر 18 2011, 13:53

Hamlet Soliloquy Analysis
    ‘Oh What a rogue and Peasant Slave I Am’ (Act 2, Scene 2)

Mankind has told stories throughout the generations, fascinating and enthralling one another with tales of woe, humour and passion. The power of a story has always lain primarily within our desire to observe characters that we can relate to, believe in and understand. That is perhaps the area in which Shakespeare's works have always excelled, as he masterfully utilises numerous devices to draw the audience into his character's minds. The most prominent example of this is his frequent use of soliloquies throughout Hamlet. Through this literary device, Hamlet unveils to us the intricacies of his heart and soul, most specifically his anger, selfishness and gullibility.
    At the end of Act 2, Hamlet’s soliloquy ‘Oh what a rogue and peasant slave I am I?’ conveys his emotional upheaval at the events around him. Throughout this speech, his emotional journey takes him from self-disgust to solving the act.
    The soliloquy concerns Hamlet's delay of action. He feels ashamed that he has not avenged his father's death with the speed and expression exhibited by the actors in the play. Hamlet compares his inaction to the dramatic expression the actor exhibits for the death of his character's father. “What would he do, / Had he the motive and cue for passion/ That I have” (II, ii, 512-514) Hamlet is amazed that the actor can conjure such emotions without a real impetus, while he is incapable of doing anything in response to his father's murder. Hamlet then calls himself a coward for his inability to say anything in defence of his father. “Am I a coward” (II, ii, 523) This is ironic because he is concentrating on the actor's expression of grief, not a proactive response, which will only inhibit one's action. Hamlet never discusses the act of vengeance, only the actor's ability to cleave the general ear with “horrid speech” (II, ii, 515). Hamlet also displays his low self-esteem in this soliloquy as he sarcastically describes his inaction. This is most brave, “That I, the son of a dear father murdered, Prompted to my revenge by heaven and hell, Must like a whore unpack my heart with words And fall a-cursing like a very drab…(II, ii, 536-539). Hamlet is his own worst critic throughout the play. Through this statement, Hamlet incites himself to the point that he plans some action. “The play's the thing/ Wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king” (II, ii, 567-568). He plans to put on a play that will mirror his father's murder in order to see Claudius' guilty reaction. Finally, Hamlet makes a plan.
    Shakespeare varies Hamlet’s language with relentless changes in tone, the peaks of rage inter-cut “Bloody, Bawdy Villain!” (II, ii, 532) with short moments of profound depression (Yet I / A dull and muddy- mettled rascal” (II, ii, 518-519) or of incredulous questioning “Who does me this?” (II, ii, 527). This emphasises Hamlet’s intensive emotional journey throughout the speech and lack of stability. The constant change in the tone mimics the constant change in Hamlet’s environment, which Shakespeare expresses through his language.

Throughout this speech the audience’s perception of Hamlet may change as the soliloquy gives a deeper insight into his persona. The audience can perceive Hamlet as extremely self deprecating and insecure “O What a rogue slave am I” (II, ii, 502) The audience can relate to the responsibility undertagken by Hamlet that he does not know how to fufill. As a result, he is unsure of himself and unable to arrive at a quick decision and take action. Despite his determination to carry out revenge, he procrastinates too long and allows time to slip by without doing a thing to avenge his fathers death.
    Furthermore, he finds that he has been thrown into an emotional situation that demands a decision against which his morals revolt. Raised a Christian, he believes in forgiveness rather that in revenge; therefore, the responsibility for avenging his father's death completely transforms him and he is unsure of who to believe.

Thus, the soliloquy gives us a further understanding into his persona and rational behind his actions which steer the course of the tragedy. Shakespeare uses this to help the audience identify with the character to help create suspense and belief in the play, Hamlet.

الوقت/التاريخ الآن هو الإثنين مايو 20 2024, 02:08